Intended parents who explore a gestational surrogacy program as a means of having children of their own come from all backgrounds and live all over the world. Many are heterosexual couples where medical issues of either or both partners have made it difficult or impossible to successfully bear children. Others are LGBTQ people who want to have children of their very own. Whatever the reason, if you’re reading this there’s a good chance you an intended parent who is ready to take a serious look at how gestational surrogacy works. Global Surrogacy Services is here to help you get started.
Gold Standard Surrogacy Services - Quick Match with Qualified Surrogate and More
One of your first choices as an intended parent will be the selection of an agency to assist with the many medical and legal matters that must be attended to, as well as the selection of a surrogate. Naturally, not all agencies are the same. When you select Global Surrogacy Services, you can expect the following:
- A streamlined process to match intended parents quickly with a highly qualified surrogate and avoid any unnecessary delays.
- Access to a large pool of outstanding surrogates for a faster and easier process.
- Unlimited viewing of surrogate profiles.
- Prospective surrogates are all rigorously screened for their physical and mental fitness.
- Match protection guaranteeing that, if a previously selected surrogate does not pass medical screenings at any point in the process, Global Surrogacy Services will provide a new match at no additional charge.
- Longstanding relationships with leading infertility clinics throughout the United States means rapid referrals to outstanding providers.
- A thorough review of maternity health insurance coverage for surrogates and babies. We work with a national network of licensed insurance brokers so we can help to select policies offering the best possible coverage.
How Does Gestational Surrogacy Work?
In theory, the principle is quite simple. Through in vitro fertilization (IVF), an egg is fertilized by sperm in the lab. The genetic material may come from the intended parents or other sources, depending on the situation. Once fertilization is complete and one or more embryos have formed, they are implanted in the gestational surrogate’s uterus. From there on, the pregnancy continues as normal until one or more babies are born.
Of course, a surrogacy program is not merely a laboratory exercise. There are many important medical and legal steps that need to be taken on the road to becoming a parent. The most important of these is, of course, the selection of a surrogate.
What Qualifications Do I Need to Meet as an Intended Parent?
Global Surrogacy Services believes that all kinds of people deserve the chance to have a family, regardless of race, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or infertility. Of course, becoming an intended parent is a major decision and we have found that the following considerations are musts for nearly all intended parents who want to move forward with their parental journey.
- The first step is to arrange a free consultation with us. If you are able to come to our Beverly Hills offices, we will be delighted to meet you there. Virtual online appointments are available for intended parents who live out of town or overseas.
- 21 years of age or older
- Have a stable living situation
- Financially secure
- No criminal history and able to pass a background check
- Have the support of your partner (when applicable), close friends and/or family
- Considerate of the surrogate’s commitment and time
- Able to complete paperwork fully and in a timely manner
- Willing to undergo a psychological assessment
- Emotionally prepared
- Excited and ready to become a parent!